Using Excel’s trendline chart, you can easily forecast based on your current performance.
Be it a Weight-loss program or a Sales performance, Trendline chart comes in handy.
It’s awesome that you have taken a weight-loss resolution on new year’s and are actually following it!
Let’s see how will fare based on your current performance!
Make data in an Excel sheet as shown below.
- Month – Mention the month number.
- Goal – This column should have your overall goal, in this case, 20 pounds.
- Actual – At the end of each month, enter your Actual weight lost (from the beginning).
Steps to create the chart
- Select the Goal and Actual columns (do not select the month column).
- Go to Insert Tab, select a 2D Line Chart. You will get the below chart.
- Select the Actual line, right-click and choose Add Trendline…
- Under Trendline Options tab, Choose Linear style of the trendline.
- Under Line Style tab, make the width 1.25pt and change the Dash type.
Thus, the final chart will show the forecast as below,
Need to buck up! You can still make it to your goal 😉