You want to allow the user to be able to enter a date of only the current month, and all other dates should be restricted.
Eg.: The month is March in 2015 – You want to allow the user to enter a date only between 1st Mar 2015 and 31st Mar 2015.
Data Validation can be used to achieve this.
Follow these steps: –
- Select the cells on which you want to apply this data validation
- Go to Data Tab and click on Data Validation, and then..
- In Allow, select Date
- In Data, select Between
- For the Start Date, put this formula
- For the End Date, put this formula
- How to create a Drop-Down list in Excel
- Allow only whole numbers using data validation
- Show Custom message in Error in Data Validation